Saturday, October 17, 2015

Back?

So I'm back at OSU (yay) and totally just tonight remembered that there was something called "Minute Rice Runs at OSU" that I was writing about. I guess my Engineering curriculum last year really had my hands-tied for free time like this.

So to the few (loyal) people who read this, thanks for reading! I'll try to be more consistent and maybe more running-oriented.

With the mushy part out of the way, I want to share the following picture with you:
This is my studly brother running a 5K (at the Sandelie Golf Course I believe) out in the Portland Area.
Back to learning how to tie shoes
Somehow he managed to lose his shoe in the course of the race yet picked it up and continued on to get a PR. Now I'm super proud of this kid because he's moving on to Varsity Districts this week and there will be some photos up because it's going to be close by in Corvallis (I'll probably end up running there).
After districts, if his team places top 3, they move onto State, and the odds seem to be in  their favor because they are currently ranked 1st in the district according to Athletic.net.

So yeah! Super cool, super exciting, and a big congratulations to see his hard work pay off. 

In other news, I dragged my wonderful girlfriend Allyson into volunteering at the Portland Marathon Expo a couple weeks back, and it looks like we are invited back to volunteer for TrackTownUSA at the Portland Indoor World Championships! So in March, keep an eye out for some amazing photos, autographs (maaaaaybe) and other cool running related things. For now, peace out Oregon. It's time for me to go review some anatomy vocabulary. Like bones. And cool stuff like MITOSIS and CELLS. YEAH

(Disclaimer: I know this post isn't my usual 'quality' but it's going to help me get back into the groove. So stay tuned).







No comments:

Post a Comment